Thursday, April 8, 2010

Final update...

The past two days have been pretty amazing.

When this project started, there was no way to know how it would end, who would win or where the prize would go.

Throughout the last few weeks, we all hoped that the prize would grow, someone with a great cause would win and that the world would be a slightly better place because of it.

Well folks, I believe that we accomplished all of those things.

For my last post, I want to share some words from the executive director of the Dr. Marnie Rose Foundation.

Lanie Rose is Marnie's mother and the founder of the foundation.

Lanie Rose

From a comment on the blog -

"I am Lanie Rose, Marnie's Mom. I am speechless and in tears. What a lovely, most generous gesture you all have made!! M. D. Anderson will be able to multiply your donation 5 to 10 times through matching funds and grants. Think of how many patients you will help. You could not have chosen a kinder, more beautiful woman than Kimberly to support. Thank you so much!!!"

From an email -

"I was just speechless in amazement at the wonderful story behind this most generous donation. Myles sent me the link. I just couldn’t take it all in. You are all so wonderful. Kimberly is a beautiful and most special lady and most deserving of this honor.

We are honoring our survivors and those we remember this year because Kimberly let us know how important and meaningful it would be to everyone"

I am so proud of everyone that contributed their time and money to the project.

You should all be very proud of what you did and the difference that you made.

PQ

1 comment:

  1. Amazing - there is no other word for it. I am proud that I was able to be a part of this amazing project. Hats off to Paul, Ed, Sarah and everyone involved. While we may not have chosen this exact charity had we won, I think we can all agree that after reading these touching stories we wouldn't have it any other way.

    Amazing!

    Michael and Jamie Tinsley

    ReplyDelete